Plan your trip to Cardiff, United Kingdom
Planning a trip? Explore tabs on the left, then click “Add” to start planning. Create Your Trip
Best hotels, facts and information in Cardiff
Cardiff is the capital and largest city of Wales, located on the country's southern coast. Cardiff is one of the fastest growing cities in Northern Europe, the biggest waterfront city in Europe and a major British tourist destination. Cardiff has been voted one of Europe's best cities to live in.
Cardiff is home to Cardiff Castle, the National Assembly for Wales, St. David's Hall, the National Museum and Gallery, Cathays Park (including municipal buildings modeled after those in New Delhi) and the Cardiff Metropolitan Cathedral. The Welsh National Opera moved into the Wales Millennium Centre in November 2004.
Cardiff Castle is a major tourist attraction in the city and is situated in the heart of the city center, near to the main shopping area of Queen Street and St. Mary's Street.
Other major tourist attractions are the Cardiff Bay regeneration sites, which include the recently opened Wales Millennium Centre, the National Assembly for Wales and other sites of interest including the Cardiff Bay Barrage and the famous Coal Exchange.
Trips to Cardiff - See what others have planned
Created by Tenae
Created by Amanda
Facts About Cardiff
- Regional Population: 302,139
- Time Zone: Europe/London
- Languages Spoken: English, Welsh, Scottish Gaelic
- Local Currency: GBP
- New York Deli in Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales - Lonely Planet
- Brava in Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales - Lonely Planet
- Armless Dragon Restaurant in Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales - Lonely Planet
- Golden Cross in Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales - Lonely Planet
- The St David's Hotel & Spa - Cardiff Bay - Lonely Planet Hotels & Hostels