Plan your trip to Bangkok, Thailand
Planning a trip? Explore tabs on the left, then click “Add” to start planning. Create Your Trip
Best hotels, facts and information in Bangkok
Bangkok is the capital of Thailand and by far its largest city with an estimated population of over 10 million. Just under 14 degrees North of the Equator, Bangkok is a tropical metropolis that is also one of the most traveler-friendly cities in Asia.
Bangkok, for many, represents the quintessential Asian capital. Saffron-robed monks, garish neon signs, graceful Thai architecture, spicy dishes, colorful markets, traffic jams and the tropical climate come together in a happy coincidence. It is difficult to leave with lukewarm impressions of the city.
Most of Bangkok’s sights are concentrated in the “Old City” on Rattanakosin Island. Of Bangkok's many temples, Wat Arun (The Temple of Dawn), The Grand Palace, featuring Wat Phra Kaew (The Temple of the Emerald Buddha) and Wat Pho are a must for any visitor.
Bangkok also is an extremely popular place for all sorts of pampering. The options available range from massages and spa treatments to haircuts and manicures and even cosmetic surgery, all at prices far lower than in the West.
Trips to Bangkok - See what others have plannedView more trips to Bangkok »
Facts About Bangkok
- Regional Population: 5,104,476
- Time Zone: Asia/Bangkok
- Languages Spoken: Thai, English
- Local Currency: THB
Bangkok International (BKK)
- Bangkok’s 15-Course Street Meal on the Cheap
- Bangkok Thailand Hotel, Hotel Special Booking Bangkok Thailand and Accommodation, Bangkok Airport Hotel Guide & Promotion with Discount Rates Rooms– The Twin Towers Hotel
- Bangkok Airways :: Asia Air Travel, Airlines, Flights, Samui Thailand
- Central Bangkok Hotels-Dream - Five-Star Bangkok Hotel Accommodation, reservations
- Bangkok Rooftop Venues